THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Keith Richards Reveals New Album Plans, Favorite Beatles Song

Rolling Stones legend Keith Richards appeared on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Wednesday night in an interview filled with stories of drug-laden Bentleys, the Beatles-Stones rivalry and giant lemons. Among the many tales, though, was a spicy tidbit about Richards’ own plans for 2011.
When asked whether the Stones would be working together this year, Richards answered evasively, “I’m trying to nail them down, but I don’t want to crucify them.”
Fallon revealed that he had visited Richards working in a New York recording studio two weeks before.
“Well, I’d got to working with [drummer] Steve Jordan with The X-pensive Winos and, you know, when inspiration hits…yeah,” he enthused. Richards went on to say that a new X-pensive Winos album was “starting to blossom.”
Richards later answered a fan question, asking the guitar legend to name his favorite Beatles song:
“I’ve always told McCartney, ‘Please Please Me.’ I just love the chimes, and I was there at the time and it was beautiful. Mind you, there’s plenty of others, but if I’ve got to pick one, ‘Please Please Me’…oh, yeah!”
Richards will appear in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, which hits theaters on May 20.


----gibson.com